Using Pella and / or Anderson windows

I have been at both web sites and I am looking for windows from either site that I can download there windows with there descriptions and I am able to use (and see) in both my elevations and plan views,

With Anderson "Andersen® Window Symbols uses PNG images" I can get there "Symbols" on my print but they don't act like the windows by any means like the ones I select from v92 library,

Is this even possible to download something from these 2 manufacturers and use thin in our plans?

Thanks

David

Unless things have changed very recently there are no 3D models available for download from the sites you mentioned, nor from other window manufacturers.

I do find, however, that Chief's window tool is sufficiently powerful to be able to replicate, to a reasonable extent, any (well, just about any) window made and I think you may find that you can customize windows in Chief and save them to represent quite accurately the manufacturer-specific windows you use most.

Are there specific problems you've been having or have you not yet tried to create your own window symbols in Chief?

Regards,

Jay
    Jay Palmer, President
    CARDIFF CONSULTANTS, LIMITED
    Developer of the [COLOR="Blue"]ChiefSymbols®[/COLOR] Libraries and PowerTools™ for Chief Architect® and Home Designer™

1470 First Avenue • No. 4A • New York, NY 10021 USA
    Telephone: 212.717.5425
    Fax: 718.208.4075
    Email: jpalmer@ChiefSymbols.com

Hello Jay Palmer,

Thanks for the reply,

No, I am not having any problems with Chief, The main reason I would like it from the manf. is they could have there specific nomenclature attached to each window and in using it, it could show in my views there label.

What I need to do more is to open the windows I use most and save them in my library with there name as you mentioned, this I have not played with yet, I am sure I will be pleased with the results.

Actually, Quite the contrary, I have been using CA for app 4 months and I love it, yes it is quite flexible. I love working on computers and could do this all day, after I get a bit more time under my belt I hope to start advertising for work with the local builders.

Yea, there are some things on my wish list, I believe CA techs will continue to build upon what they currently have and continue to improve this product.

Have A GREAT Day

David

Using Pella and / or Anderson windows

I'm using CA v9.03 and find it very fexible when dealing with most windows. I just reference the dimension data from the window supplier's catalog and load it into CA window dialog boxes. Works great! You just have to be cautious that your reading the manufactures tables correctly. In some cases the dimensions printed are quite small. After loading I then save it to the library with it's correct model number assigned. Pretty easy task and the windows look great in 3D views!!
    David Wolff
    Sunrise Dream Homes

Not only can you match the manufacturer's size/ type of window unit, you can also match other properties of a particular window w/ Chief. Such things as sash width/ depth, frame wide/ depth & recess. 'Manufacturer's offset' allows you to enter actual frame widths & show interior & exterior casing in real world examples. Chief's windows are actually pretty amazing. Zoom into a window & watch the 2D representation change on the floor plan as you change some of the properties. Of course, we all want it to do more, but................. it ain't bad.
    Jim