Thread: Plot Plans

Plot Plans

I am having trouble using the CAD input point and then line method to get an accurate plat plan.
    Some of the lines from the plat do not have bearings.
    Any suggestions?

Plot Plans

Are you saying that the plat information you are working from has property lines that do not have bearing/distance information? Or are you saying that lines you have entered using bearing distance point input then connecting the lines do not have bearing/distance showing?
    Allen Hudson
    DesignWorks, LLC
    Orange Beach, AL
    251-974-2078
    X1 latest patch
    "If you are not the lead dog, the view never changes"

Some of the lines from the plat do not have bearings

- After the plot? Its a cake walk for some reason: Default settings>CAD defaults>decimal feet-bearings. And hope they stay that way till you print it. Will put the settings on the lines if that is your question. CAD also controls the letter height.

edit: Some of the lines- if it is just some of the lines the answer above probably won't help.
    Last edited by BREEZE WOOD; 06-09-2008 at 06:40 PM.
    Mike Devins
    Tallahassee, Florida
    mdevins@earthlink.net
    Builder / Designer X5

I did a project where the owner's copy of an old city lot map was all the information he could find anywhere ... no one apparently from the city or county had been able to locate the original survey of the city lots. What he gave me had distances but no bearings. The lots lines appeared to run N-S & E-W so I just drew them that way and manually placed the dimensions on. If that is acceptable to the building official, I would think it is good enough if your customer can't come up with a survey. I also took a digital photo of the lot map and used it in the CD's.

If you are struggling with using the line tools, the Help Database has an article on doing plot plans.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

- Curtis - glad someone is able to read posts correctly. Seems clear enough after your comments.
    Mike Devins
    Tallahassee, Florida
    mdevins@earthlink.net
    Builder / Designer X5

Mike:

Thanks for the compliment but I think historically I have often read posts to quickly and provided responses that weren't "on-target". We need to follow the carpenter's rule of measure twice and cut once (read twice and respond properly the first time ... although with some threads it isn't totally possible based on the way questions are presented).
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

Plot Plans

Quote Originally Posted by BREEZE WOOD
    - Curtis - glad someone is able to read posts correctly. Seems clear enough after your comments.
    Not entirely certain who you are referring to in your reply, however, for the purpose of clarification, my reply to the question was intended to extract additional information from carls so as to hopefully provide him with an accurate answer. I have prepared many plot plans or site plans and have found that CA is touchy about how points and lines are entered depending on how close bearings are to 0 degrees.
    Allen Hudson
    DesignWorks, LLC
    Orange Beach, AL
    251-974-2078
    X1 latest patch
    "If you are not the lead dog, the view never changes"

- Allen, - I missed it altogether and Curtises answer cleared it up for me but agree if Carlos had responded to you all would have been settled.
    Mike Devins
    Tallahassee, Florida
    mdevins@earthlink.net
    Builder / Designer X5