Adding New Texture

I want the outside surface of my exterior walls to be coverd with asbestos shingles which measure 24" wide by 14 5/8" high with a 1" overlap (13 5/8" exposed). The surface of the shingles are vertical grooves with varying widths 1/8 to 1/4" wide. I cannot find this type of texture in the library of textures. Can someone step me through the process of how I would create this shingle and add it to the library (I have a digital camera and can take a picture of the shingle in .jpg or .bmp format, if that's what I need to do).
    PS- using CA 9.0 full version.

Thanks,
    Bill
    Bill K

step 1. add the bmp image into the textures sub-directory found by going into program files, art inc, chief 9, textures, my textures. this will now put the image in you libary.

step 2 open the wall spec box of the wall you want the shingles on, chose layer spec, click on the materials, the selet materials box opens, click define, then the materials box opens. selcet new. this opens the define materials box.

step 3. give the material a name eg, ab shingles. the select the teture tab. click select texture. you should be able to see the bmp you copied by chosing my textures. select this

step 4. adjust the ratio to suit, say you .bmp is 2 shingles wide by 3 high, x ratio is 2 x width y ratio is 3 x height. then click the "set color using texture" button

Step 5. select pattern tab, pattern type, shingles, then return to general tab.

Step 6. set the height and width to that of the exposed suface of the shingle and you have the new material.

i hope this helps.

Steven