Thread: Help!!!

Help!!!

I am trying to build lumber to put on a pergola. Placiing lumber on top of a post and beam porch rail.

I have steam coming out of my ears and cant figure out how to make the lumber even though I have done this befor. What type of polyline do you use, and how do you flip it up to a 90 so i can start copy and pasting the lumber. PLEASE PLEASE!!!

How are you going about this? Polyline solids in plan? In elevation? If you want to flip one in elevation 90 deg., make a copy, convert it back to a normal polyline, flip it, then convert back to polyline solid and copy/paste that as needed.

I know positioning polyline solids, whether in plan or elevation, can be a little frustrating as the options seem kind of inconsistent.

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter

Bryce is right. Need to know if you are trying in plan view or elevation view. In elevation I draw a polyline solid then modify/position it. In plan view I use a slab then set its heights and distance above 0. You can specify material at any point with either method.
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Motherboard EVGA Classified SR-2
    Processors (2) 6 core Xeon L5640
    Memory 24GB PNY DDR3 1600
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    Monitor 26" LG 1920 x 1200
    21" Viewsonic

Alternatively you could use Build>Cabinet>Soffits they do the same thing but I find them easier to rotate/move around in Elevations and they can be any material/size or height.
    Bianca Rouse - Senior Draftsperson
    Gordon Bourke Homes Pty. Ltd.
    South East Queensland - Australia.

Crazy Town - You wish you were here...
    "we get FREE Meds."