Roof materials and build a cricket

Hello out there in help land...

2 questions

1 need to build a cricket roof between 1st level roof and 2nd story addition walls (see attached)

2 want to change roof materials, selected a plain and changed it, how do I quickly make that change for all roof plains?

thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boz ave.jpg 
Views:	574 
Size:	150.6 KB 
ID:	23304  

See attached to clarify the cricket situation I want to create

Name:	boz ave. 2jpg.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	23306  

Double click the roof parent icon and change the material.

Look at my video on how to add a decorative gable and do the cricket the same way.

www.lfcompany.com

Tried to change roof surface materials from the roof parent icon, no luck. ? did i misunderstand?

Name:	boz ave. 3jpg.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	23307  

Peter:

For changing your roof materials, in a 3D render full overview, click on the spray can icon (material painter) , select the roof material you want to use, then apply this to each plane on your model - easy to do in the 3D full overview mode ... you can quickly rotate your model if you missed a couple of roof planes ... then use the eyedropper icon to copy your new roof material to the planes you missed.

For the cricket, do as Louis suggested ... just remember you can reposition your roof planes to any elevation needed, and you can rotate them with the rotate handle as well (e.g., make one for one side of your cricket, drag a copy over and rotate 180 degrees, join at the ridge, position and reshape with the break tool as needed.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard