Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by arketype
    Dan,
    Here is the file, if I've done it right. I flagged the screwy windows with red text.

I'll be interested to hear if you find my schedule problem is of my own making, or some sinister hidden bug.

Thanks.
    It's clear we have bug here.

The problem exists with a combination of two things that are seldom used by most users and even more seldom combined thus it was not noted before.

If you are using a component code and are including the schedule number in your label then copying the window produces a copy of the original window but somehow results in a new number for the window you copies.

To witness this problem do the following:

1. Place any window, (does not have to be mulled)
    2. Add a product code to the components
    3. Create a window schedule
    4. On the label tab of the schedule check "Include Schedule #" and "Product Code Label"
    5. On the Text tab of the schedule check "Label"
    6. Now copy the window and paste it.
    You will get a second entry in the schedule and the first window that you copied will be renumbered.

I am filing a bug on this as it's clearly a problem that we have never witnessed before.

As a solution to this problem do the following:

1. Open the Schedule
    2. Go to the label tab and uncheck Include Schedule #" and "Product Code Label"
    3. Close the schedule and the windows will be renumbered.
    4. Now open the schedule and recheck the two options.
    This will recombine the windows that are the same. Any difference between the displayed columns in a schedule will result in a different line used so if you hide that column it will combine the windows. You can see this happen in the attached plan if you uncheck the label column.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect