Threaded View

Matthew,

Shutting up not required! Personally, I think a well placed apology is sufficient, which you've done. Yes, it's frustrating sometimes when you get answers that dance the fringes, but I think that's just part of life on a user forum, as opposed to tech support itself. If you want an answer by people who get paid to read the whole question, use the support ticket system - http://support.chiefarchitect.com/

Also - I believe this is a bug, and tech support requests with examples and lots of information will help them help us. Make sure to include both plan and layout, info about when plan was started (which version), what you did just before problem showed up, your graphics card & driver, etc. If you want them to read the whole thing, keep any venting on-topic, non-personal and segregated to it's own little paragraph. I'm pretty sure that even paid staff have feelings.

I'm experiencing wall intrusion on my elevations as well. I'm getting at least one on each project that's severe enough to require regeneration of the elevation. For me, this problem has been new to update 4.

I don't remember whether I saw it in a post by one of the Chief Dudes or got it back in a tech support answer, but I'm 99% sure they've determined it's a problem with the camera, not the model itself. So -
    A) you can stop driving yourself nuts examining the model, and
    B) deleting and recreating the section view is the solution for the moment.

I'm also 99% sure this is a "bug" and that they're seriously working on solving it as a high priority. This last bit I get from a tech support response.

To avoid losing your notes & dimensions: If you turn off all the model layers and leave only your note, added cad and dimension layers showing, you can Copy and Paste/Hold them to a cad detail for safe keeping. When you Copy & Paste/Hold them back, they will drop into correct alignment vertically 100% of the time. With the same view, I generally get correct horizonal alignment most of the time as well. If any horizontal adjustment is needed, the items stay selected when pasted, just grab and slide horizontally with Angle Snaps on.

For some reason I think deleting the busted camera before creating a new one is more effective than having the busted one sitting there. I have absolutely no basis for this last bit of advice, just a gut feel.

btw - this Copy & Paste/Hold technique is also a time saver for similar notes & dimensions on multiple elevations and/or sections.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)