Home designer 8 and X1

I just got Home Designer Suite 8.
    If your going to pass out your plan files to home owners with it,I would suggest getting a copy of one of the version 8 software.
    I wanted it to see how they work together.
    From what I noticed so far is that the layer set that is open is what rules the plan will follow when open with the home version.
    So if you want things locked,make sure a layer that has things locked is the one open when you save the plan.
    I set up a new Home Designer layer set for this..

If you have a prior version of the Home versions you can get a cheaper price.

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

This is a nice option if you want to let the client decorate the house or play with landscaping but don't want them to move walls around.

Simply create a layerset for the HD user and have the layers locked that you don't want them messing with. Set the option for the plan to be openable by the HD8 product and save it with that layerset active.

It could be a way to really add value for the client. I would probably charge an additional fee if the client wanted this capability.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

I like this feature..
    Looks like the upgrade price might be gone now..

With no layers locked,it would be a good idea to have on your laptop encase you forget your lock.. Or just don't need to edit that much..

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4