Show items in Plot plan

Hi all,
    I would like to be able to import the footprint floor1 in Cad-detail plot plan with only certain items showing- like walls/doors/windows etc. Every time I work on the floor plan PL1 with all layers showing it automatic changes my look in the cad detail and also on my layout of the plot plan. Mainly text items are enoying because of their small scale and they are normally on layer NONE which is CAD layer 0, when that layer is turned off- footprint is gone. Thanks Piet NZ.

Hi Piet
    I gave up working with the footprint a long time ago. I have a layer set - 140-149, for dashed plot lines, dimensions, - text size 16, etc plus selections of walls, window doors. Text keeps kicking in and it is easy to kick it back out again. - These are my plot plan settings. Much easier to manage. Try it - you will surely like it.
    Mike
    Last edited by fitz; 02-13-2003 at 08:54 PM.

Are you using v8.06? When you create the CAD detail move to a layer other than 0...the footprint will import into the layer you have set as the active drawing layer, so it is preferable to use a layer that is not used by other items. Then in your plot plan detail open the show items dbx>architectural & system tabs and set up a layer set for the plot plan with the items you want displayed and whatever attributes you want them to have (line wt, line type, color, etc) then use this layer set whenever you create a plot plan

Hi Tim, thanks for your answer, but I tried all that and It's possible to remove or display nearly everything except the text items. Bugger! Even when I allocate all the text to say layer 100 and unchecked off course the display -text items still display in my CAD detail. I think I've to reinstall because I even can delete seperate items of the imported footprint. Sorry, yes I'm running V8.06. What do you think? Piet.