Rendered Material Color

Im trying to change the color of a verticle siding to white in a rendered view by using a free download of Paintshop-Pro. Can anybody give me a quick walkthrough on this process? I have been opening the texture out of Paintshop, adjusting color and then saving it back. The color looks dirty and when I use the texture I get a message saying "A surface is using a texture that cant be found". Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

Mike:

My guess is that the "dirty" look has something to do with shaded areas in the texture you started with. If your looking for a smooth pure white look you may just want to create a new texture from scratch. It could be a contrast issue but it's hard to say what to do without more information.

When I use an existing texture to create a new one I save it as a new texture file (new name) then go back into Chief and set up the material using the new texture. That should solve the second problem.

If you like, send a copy of the file your starting with and describe what you want to see. I'll see what I can do.

lark@ocinet.net
    Larry

Lawrence C. Kumpost, Architect

No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be
    stationery.