Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by WendyWelton
    Locked vs. Off

I would prefer that temp dims not exclude items on Locked Layers. Locked is for when you don't want to act on it, not necessarily not reference it.
    True - but I would say that having the ability to relocate the temp handle where you like would make this a non issue.

Actually I thought about this today (yep, free time again). Few programs (autocad included) even have temp dimensions, so I guess I have only really started to be picky about them as I use CA for all my work now start to finish. What I notice (and Wendy has alluded to this before) is that small things in each project - commands that make three steps out of one or things like temp dimensions where we might have to draw the dimension because it can't locate the temp where we want - are the biggest productivity obstacles I face. It is great that CA has asked us how we use the command so they can help us by improving the program. Brings back fond memories of my fifteen years purchasing autocad updates (autocad sarcasm unbridled here).
    Rich C. SDSInc
    Bayport, NY

X5
    Windows 7 64
    Alienware 17" Laptop - full time use - 14GB
    i7 3720QM
    Nvidia GTX 675M - 2GB