Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHIJEF2000
    I would recommend exporting a VRML file, as these carry all the texture imformation. Open the VRML in Accutrans and convert to a 3DS, make sure you save this to the same directory. The 3ds can now be imported with textures intact. Mind you, Ver X1 should be able to make a 3DS directly.
    Thanks for that advice, I will definitely give that a try and see if it saves some time. Does this procedure have all the faces in the correct orientation or do yo have to go around reversing them?

But as far as my work process goes, I tend to use the Sketchup rendering itself for preliminary presentations prior to rendering only more finalized versions. So I like that intermediate step for the look you can't get in CA or VRML, etc. Once in Sketchup and textured, I also like that I can easily change or replace the texture on all surfaces sharing that texture regardless of layer and can see that change on the fly, also not possible in CA, VRML.

I am looking forward to experimenting with the X1 3DS export feature though.

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter