Clyde is offline Registered User Promoted

Gable Wall Will Not Line Up...?

Any suggestions would be GREAT...I am using X1...I have worked on this project for a couple of weeks. The only thing that I cannot figure out is why the "attic" wall (gable) over the front porch will not line up. There are 30" diameter columns and the "attic" wall (Gable) at the front porch will not line up...they snap to the middle of the 30" diameter column below. So basically the "attic" (gable) wall overhangs the columns below by about 15". I cannot change the wall type...? I have tried to turn off Snap Tools. I have unchecked Retain Attic Walls. Everything I knew to do...any suggestions would be great! Thank you in advance.

Chip

Please accept my apology for this statement!! I am not a JERK like this statement will make me sound!! However, I am not very happy at the moment...my experience calling technical support @ 4:20 Pacific Time -
    Oh by the way...do any of you leave the office @ 4:20 PM? I attempted to call technical support (of which I have paid for) & the sales office in Idaho and got messages at both numbers...said they were all unavailable. Call every number listed and nothing, noda,...You should be able to at LEAST reach somebody at the SALES office. Don't you think?

Here's a band-aid remedy...

Leave the attic wall as is...and draw a new one in front of it...around 9" forward. See what happens after a vector view.

Clyde is offline Registered User Promoted
    I'll try it...I'll try anything at this moment.

Thank You! Chip

Hi Chip
    Did you use railing walls to place the columns?
    Can you align them with the outside surfaces?
    Posting the plan would help..

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

This is a bug that has been around since version 9 or earlier. It happens with thicker gable end walls. I have reported it as a bug in each beta (9, 10, and X1). I guess it hasn't been fixed yet.

http://chieftalk.com/showthread.php?t=20846

You have to get creative to find something that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde
    Any suggestions would be GREAT...I am using X1...I have worked on this project for a couple of weeks. The only thing that I cannot figure out is why the "attic" wall (gable) over the front porch will not line up. There are 30" diameter columns and the "attic" wall (Gable) at the front porch will not line up...they snap to the middle of the 30" diameter column below. So basically the "attic" (gable) wall overhangs the columns below by about 15". I cannot change the wall type...? I have tried to turn off Snap Tools. I have unchecked Retain Attic Walls. Everything I knew to do...any suggestions would be great! Thank you in advance.

Chip

Please accept my apology for this statement!! I am not a JERK like this statement will make me sound!! However, I am not very happy at the moment...my experience calling technical support @ 4:20 Pacific Time -
    Oh by the way...do any of you leave the office @ 4:20 PM? I attempted to call technical support (of which I have paid for) & the sales office in Idaho and got messages at both numbers...said they were all unavailable. Call every number listed and nothing, noda,...You should be able to at LEAST reach somebody at the SALES office. Don't you think?
    We did have a company meeting yesterday at 4 PM and closed early. This is not a common occurrence but is necessary when we need to meet as a company.

Yes, we were here, but we did turn the phones off for the meeting from 4 to 5.
    -----
    On your question: I don't know exactly how this is built but you could try the following:

In General Wall Defaults turn off the automatic generation of attic walls. You should be able to move the attic wall to the correct location after this is checked without having a new wall generate.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

Railing wall with 30" post off set 16"....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	off set.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	17133  

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4