Thread: Layout

Layout

I can't get grayscale to print from layout pages. I've created Foundation crosssections with the earth hatching in a light grey so that it will not clutter up my drawing, expecially dimentions and notes. If I print it from the plan file in color it prints properly but when I send it to layout , because it won't print in color the hatching I want in a light grey comes out black like everything else. I can't find a way to set my printer to greyscale which is probably the anwser. I anyone sees where I may be going wrong please let me know.

Thank
    Greg

Greyscale

You'd probably get the best answer if you mentioned the plotter that you use.

FWIW, I use an Encad Cadjet2 color plotter without the color cartridges. It will not print greyscale from Chief, although it does fine with AutoCad drivers. I get a decent workaround by printing in B&W, and using light colored lines for the grey objects.

Warren Hirsch

I use a HP DesignJet600 B &W Plotter and a HP Deskjet1220 Color printer

Greg

I don't know how your 1220 works, but I have a HP 2500 CM which is comparable. I just had the same problem when I updated to 8.05 and found that I needed to select color in the Chief printing dbx that appears at each printing, and set the printer up for greyscale. Without doing this anything that wasn't pure white came out as black. Hope this helps.

Jim