disappearing doors and windows

I must have some bad mojo happenning this morning. I have a file--2 files actually--where the doors and windows are not showing up in any 3D views. The two files started life as one file that was fine. I did a "save as" another name for a revision, and shortly thereafter both files started acting funny.

This is not the same file with the "missing layout file" problem that I posted about earlier. Though it seems to be the same process that has buggered them all...the process of "save as" and assigning a new name to make a revision.

Any thoughts on how I can get my doors and windows back? In show items dbx in the 3D views, "windows" shows up checked and "doors" shows up greyed out and un-checkable.

Steve

Rather than in th eshow items of a 3d view do this..close the camera view..then...In a plan view, double click the camera icon to open the 3d Preferences dbx, in the include tab check the box for Windows/doors

Tim, you are a god-send!

That got it. Thanks. Why on earth would it have ever turned itself off? I've never been to that dbx.

Steve