Thread: Framing

morg is offline Registered User Promoted

Framing

CA 6.0 is driving me nuts!

I have built framing...walls, ceilings...everything! Now my wall detail button is not appearing. I must have done something wrong, because it has been appearing, but now...nothing???

I've been trying to change the floor heights of my balconies so the joists would run a specified direction for the balconies...I'm getting an open space between floors and have been trying to fix that since 4a.m. this morning <12/7>. The wall detail button was working fine before I started all this..now, no wall detail button, and the open space between floors...frustration has arrived???!!!

Any help?????

jeff morgan

Jeff:

There are acouple of things you might try.

-Try closing your plan, then close CA and re-open. Sometimes this will bring back lost functionality
    -Have you tried a 3D view of framing only to verify that wall framing is actually built? The wall framing detail button will only appear, if wall framing for the selected wall has been built
    -Open to below space sounds like your plan may not be closed; check all your wall intersections, and click inside of each room to ensure that its boundaries are contained. If the eplan is not closed, wierd things happen; missing wall framing detail might be a result of this as well.

Hope one of these can put you back on track

------------------
    Dan Marrin
    Lake Shore, MN

[This message has been edited by Dan Marrin (edited 07 December 1999).]

Take a look at the 3d preferences dialog,include tab. Is there a check in the "interior" box? If no check, interior details including floor platforms don't display.

ibuild...I have tried everything...the only thing I did to change anything was lower the balconies 1". The framing was working fine before I did that. I've rebuilt the framing, double checked all the 3D prefs, and nothing seems to work?? The rafters and joists show fine...where the wall framing should be, I'm getting the walls with materials?? I've gone through the <show items dbx>, and nothing has been changed there???

This is why 6.0 is driving me nuts!!

preciate it!!

jeff morgan

Dan..

In response to your reply above: My wall detail button is the reason for my original msg...even after I rebuild the framing...the button doesn't show up??? unless there's something wrong with my build walls section in the build framing mode???

I've checkedall you suggested, but nothing seems to work!!

Still confused...

jeff morgan

I FOUND THE ANSWER TO MY PROBLEM!!

In the <layer spec> of the <wall spec> the fill material got switched from framing to earth. The techs at ART say I had to have switched it...I say no!

the last thing I changed in that particular mode was 2-3 weeks ago?? I say the program has some quirks about it, or in it!

I had a mysterious "line" appear on just my pl1 plan...after weeks of sending the plans to adrian@chiefarch, no one could figure that out, and we're still not sure how it disappeared?? ART told me that CA60 had some quirks, and that they'd be worked out...

I just don't know!! but the problem is fixed, and I really appreciate the spot on the Website...everyone is so eagar to help...it's great, and thanks!

morg