NT pleatform queries

hi, does anyone have any knowledge of running chief 6 on the NT workstation platform? i would like to hear anyone who is running chief on the NT workstation platform. Any comment so how smooth it is running and any problems associated will be aprreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Peter.

Peter, I have been running NT for about 3 years now - after having a lot of crashes with Win95. Recommended by my Tech saying it was a much more stable platform. It is. Less crashes.
    ART uses NT - that makes it even more of a recommendation.

ADDENDUM - The only program I have found not to run was a came with my Panasonic camera - I had to install Win (3.1,95) to download photos from the camera.
    There is a Service Pack (3,4 or 5)that should be run after installation of new programs to sort out the .dll files. This is supplied with NT and available on line for updates. It is a fix package.

- Mike Hall
    San Diego

[This message has been edited by fitz (edited 30 November 1999).]

Aside from the much vaunted stability advantage of NT, are there any other factors that ought to be considered? In the past there have been comments about difficulties in regard to driver availability. Does NT platform allow us to continue to use familiar "Office" programs?
    Any other drawbacks - so that we can have the complete picture?

We do all of our development work on machines running Windows NT, so Chief will run fine on them. We do occasionally find bugs on other platforms that did not occur on NT, so you could even call it more stable. I can't comment on other software since I don't use too much of it.

------------------
    Dermot Dempsey
    Senior Software Engineer
    ART, Inc.

marty is offline Registered User Promoted
    With W2000 due out very soon I would wait to avoid having to reinstall. I find that every time I add/change software there is a new set of problems. W2000 is supposed to combine the plug&play of W95/98 with the stability and speed of NT.

I skipped W98 for this reason and am looking forward to W2000

I have run Chief on win95,98 and NT. Several things to take into account: CPU, Memory, Video and Printer drivers, Other software (DLL files) on system. NT requires more memory to run well and is a bit shy on driver support compared to windows98 or 95. NT is maximum stability. Win98 second, then Win95. USB works best with Win98. Given what I do, NT is the first choice. I usually set up dual boot with Win98 too.