Mike is offline Registered User Promoted

Curved roof decking

Is there any way to create a curved roof decking. Similar to a standard gable end but curved. There are no curved walls below.
    Thanks in advance.

Mike

Unless I am mistaken, I think you want a curved roof. In an other post I did request ART to make it part of the program but as of now that is not the case. So at the moment the only way is to make small roof sections and put them in place. I have done curved roofs, they look good but are a bit tedeus to create. For more info on how to do things go to suggestions and curved roofs, but it was a while back. A better solution could be the library of Jay Palmer as he has some symbols called barrel roofs & ceilings, maybe just what you are looking for. his link is on my post: SDU
    Jan

------------------

If you can, use a symbol library. It's easy.

If no library item exists, you can do it with manual roof sections. Its not hard to do, but its a lot easier if you sketch it out first. If you remember some high school math, it's even easier. Anyway, the key to it is to make roof section sizes match and start one section where the prior section ends. Set facia height of one section at the same height as the ridge from the last, and so on.

This is a must curved roofing is so popular over here in australia as we use alot of corrigated iron which can be rolled by manufacture to any radius. Commercial and industrial building use it constently for awnings fascias verandahs and roofs. residential buildings bow their roofs fom ridge to verandah fascia occasionly but regulely have bull nosed (500 radius) verandahs to house perimetre, if attempting to do it with multiple roof sections it would be very time cosuming to mitre all the corners. I have raised this question before and at the moment I just edit in layout (forget 3D) and hope a future version has cuved roofing. A radius opition beside pitch would be fatastic.

------------------

We have the same curved roof requirements in Canada. Generally the lower section of roof is curved starting from the fascia and up just past the interior of the exterior walls, similar to a ski slope. Does anyone have an easy method of deigning this look in 3D without the extra effort of small roof sections?