Room/Ceiling Heights

Can anyone look @ this pic. and tell me how I can get the storage room on the back of this house to not have a foundation but only a slab. I got the room height where I want it, but when I try to mess with the floor, it just raises the floor height instead of lowering it. I am not sure if this question makes any sense but maybe you will see what I am trying to ask in the pic.

Thanks,
    Greg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...rChiefHelp.jpg
    Greg T.
    Framer and most of all PROUD AMERICAN!

Try naming it a porch..

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

Greg, if you want to eliminate the foundation on a portion, just go to the foundation level, and eliminate those foundation walls you don't want. My question is, why do you want to eliminate the foundation? If this room will have a monolithic slab, then you will have to approach it a little differently.

What is this room, and how will it be constructed?
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com

Allen,
    Thanks for the suggestion. The room is a storage room on the back of the house that I am drawing. It is an existing room and the walls are framed on a small slab. We are building an addition that will be spannig from the sunroom ont he left and butting into this small storage room and I just wanted to show the clients how it all will look.
    Greg T.

I still cannot get this room like I want it. Anyone have any more options?
    Greg T.

Sorry Greg, There are many on here who could help, including me, but I'm not sure exactly what you're wanting to show. Can we get some additional details on what exactly it is you're looking for?
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com

I'm thinking the small brick sided room is the storage room.

Draw the house without the storage room. Add the foundation level. Now you have a main floor level and a foundation level.

Draw the storage room on the main level. Take a look with the full render camera (that shows all levels). You should notice a storage room with no foundation.

Back to plan view. Go to foundation level. Turn on the floor reference tool (to display the main floor level as red lines). Use the foundation wall child to draw a foundation underneath the storage room.

Using the cross section camera, select walls (either storage room main floor level or storage room foundation level) and drag the tops/bottoms up or down to the desired heights.

One of the difficult things of doing an As-Built is trying to illustrate something that is, perhaps, not built properly/normally/as expected.

Mike

Mike,
    Thank you very much. Your advice worked and your statement hits the nail on the head (pardon the pun). Allen, I appreciate your advice as well. I realize that my question was sketchy and I apologize. Sorry it took so long as I have been out of the office. I am going to the Carribean in a couple of weeks. Anyone want me to scope out some real estate for you?
    Greg T.