Show Items - Layer Sets

Anyone seen the layer sets on Show Items shift on their own?

When I finished sending things to layout, I closed CA8.02 . When I reopened the the same plan I was working on, the plan view came up with "color set" selected vice the "default set" for layer set. I am sure that when I closed CA8.02 that the correct color scheme (i.e. default set) was correctly set and appeared normal. When I reopened the plan, it was set to "color set" and all the colors were different.

I fixed the problem by reselecting "default set" and everything returned to normal.

Anyone seen something like this before or is it just one of those weird things that computer software does periodically to drive you crazy?

TIA and Have a Great Day!
    Don

Don

I can confirm your experience. For some reason, Chief occasionally involuntarily changes my selected Layer Set when I close out of Show Items.
    Thought I was going crazy the first couple of times...looks like there could be another explanation
    Geoff Francis MBDAWA
    Rockingham Western Australia

Don & Geoff

I can confirm the same has happened to me.

I just tried it again and the same happens.

If I open from layout and then the PL1 file it appears correctly however the active layer in the .PL1 file shows as "layout set".

If I open from the .PL1 file it does not show correctly and the active layer shows as "framing set", plus layer set does not appear as an option in the Layers box. When I change the layer to "default set" everything appears correct again.

Very strange????????

BTW has anyone noticed that you cannot change the colour of solid hatching globally anymore.

Peter Condos

Peter and Geoff,

Thanks for the info and research. This seems to be a "bug".

Fairly easy workaround to recover, but obviously it is not working the way the programmer intended.

I will submit this as a "bug report" to ART tech support, and I hope they fix it in CA 8.03 .

Don

Peter,

I didn't quite follow your posting about what was happening with the layer sets.

But, to clarify.

Do you realise that when you double click a floor plan in Layout and are returned to the floor plan, the layer set in the floor plan defaults to the Layout layer set, so that you see on the floor plan (pl1, etc) exactly the same layers that were set in the Layout.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

BTW has anyone noticed that you cannot change the colour of solid hatching globally anymore.

Peter Condos [/B][/QUOTE]

Hi Peter

This is a copy of a bug report logged just over a week ago. Is it what you are referring to?

BUG REPORT
    Draw a polyline, open it's Edit CAD Item DBX, go to Style/Fill Closed Area, tick Use Layer Color checkbox.
    It does not take and doesn't stay checked. I'm using 8.02 (Metric) version.

This problem was posted overnight on Chief-Users and confirmed by Ray Castano, Tim O'Donnell and Glenn Woodward (so far). Thanks for taking the trouble.
    Geoff Francis MBDAWA
    Rockingham Western Australia