ADT users export files to auto cad also.

I was looking into the autodesk program, architectural desktop. My thinking was that since ADT is in dwg format as is autocad, then you would simply draw in ADT and send the files to consultants who use Antocad and they could use their 2D autocad to draw the structural details etc.
    I went onto the ADT discussion forum and discovered someone was having trouble exporting from ADT to autocad. I asked the question why it was necessary to export. Then I discovered that the basic auto cad program cannot work with the ADT files or at least it won't recognize the parametric objects - walls, windows, doors etc.without an object enabler or proxygraphics.also another answer was that most of the consultants they work with havn't discovered 3D. They can use a free "object enabler,but most want 2D files even though,I assume they can open the ADT files since they are dwg.

It looks like I will have to continue to export. I wasn't seriously thinking of going to another 3D modeling program anyway. this all gets a little confusing to me. any thoughts from the experts will be appreciated here. Thanks Bob L.

Bob, - For what it's worth, I have had this problem with ADT files as well. I think Larry Kumpost is the expert here on the AutoDesk 'tower of babel' problem. I get a lot of files from my engineers that have all kinds of AutoDesk Add-ons and I have had to work around the AutoDesk incompatibility problem mostly by drawing over parts.
    ggodwin