Rounded dimensions?

How many of you use them?

Would you use this option if you could define your own parameters for rounding? I mean 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 instead of just 1/16 or number of eights with no denominator.

I sometimes receive sloppy models for technical project, and "making it right" takes much precious time, while differences more precise than 1/4 inch are barely taken into account on-site. I wish CA knew how to round to 1/4", displaying the dimension: 1'-1 1/4" instead of 1'-1 1/8"... my work would be much faster.

some say that after the concrete is poured, the carpenter barely looks at the dimensions... still too litle experience to see how much of this is true.
    Matt
    For where your home is, there will your heart be also.

Matt,
    This has been discussed before and some think what Chief currently uses is okay, however I disagree, I think it would be more practicle to have selectable 1/2",1/4" 1/8", metric, and user defined settings for the precision of your measurements. In the custom home industry how many framers using Skill Saws can cut to a 1/2" anyway. If one thinks otherwise climb into an attic sometime and look at the rafters.

Jack Mann