Platform Railing

I'd like to place a matching railing on this platform (see attached) or a knee wall. The platform is a typical framed wall and floor. Which is probably why it isn't allowing me to put a knee wall as a railing/balcony wall. Am I going about it the wrong way here, should I be thinking more on the line of a stair platform, or a converted slab. I would eventually like to beable to show it framed as it will be in the real word.

Thanks,
    Doug
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bridge.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	6624  
    Doug Michel
    General Contractor
    Design & Build, New Jersey
    Windows 7... 64 Bit,
    X6 Build 16.1.1.9 X64 w/SSA
    X5 Build 15.2.1.3 X64 w/SSA
    X4 Build 14.3.2.2 X64 w/SSA
    X3 Build 13.4.2.7 w/SSA
    X2 Build 12.6.0.25 w/SSA
    X1,V10,V9
    Sketch Up Pro 8
    AutoCad 2014
    Adobe CS6 Design Premium
    A Pool Cue , a Harley, a Hammer & a Camera
    Good Isn't Enough... When Better is Possible.

If the platform is a typical framed wall and floor then it is defined by a wall..be it an invisible wall or normal wall, a wall none-the-less. And you should be able to make that wall visible and make it a railing to define the room.

Is your platform defined by invisible walls? If so, make them visible, and change them to a railing...

That I understand, maybe I didn't explain myself clearly.....the walls that make up the platform are normal walls I dragged down to height (36") and defined the enclosure as storage. Now with that in place as you see it. I want to either continue the stair railing around the perimeter (long and short wall) or build a kneewall ontop of what you see. OR make the walls 6' high and balloon frame the floor at 36". The problem comes when I try to put a knee wall or railing ontop of the platform. The walls that now make up the platform dissapear......
    Doug Michel
    General Contractor
    Design & Build, New Jersey
    Windows 7... 64 Bit,
    X6 Build 16.1.1.9 X64 w/SSA
    X5 Build 15.2.1.3 X64 w/SSA
    X4 Build 14.3.2.2 X64 w/SSA
    X3 Build 13.4.2.7 w/SSA
    X2 Build 12.6.0.25 w/SSA
    X1,V10,V9
    Sketch Up Pro 8
    AutoCad 2014
    Adobe CS6 Design Premium
    A Pool Cue , a Harley, a Hammer & a Camera
    Good Isn't Enough... When Better is Possible.

So - you mean the area of floor at the door and top of the stair is actually the ceiling of the 'storage' area underneath?

If so - I would redefine that area and call it entry, and set the floor height to the height that you need it (re-edit the room name if you like with text tool). Use railings rather than walls. And just put a note "storage underneath". It will show in section view as a void under there...and in render/vector it should have the wall to the platform as long as there is structure underneath (in the basement)....
    Last edited by ChiefChris; 05-30-2006 at 09:26 AM.