"tab Over" In Text Box

"TAB OVER" ......DOING THIS SEEMS TO MAKE THE HOLE BOX LOOSES FORMAT. IF I HAVE A PARAGRAGE AND START A SUB PARAGRAPH TABBING OVER TURNS THE PARAGRAPH TO A LONG UNMANAGABLE TEXT LINE.

iS THERE A FIX FOR THIS.
    AMBER

either use returns on the end of your lines to fix their length or use the spacebar to make indents (you can reopen your text and select a location in the text string and put in the return after the fact)...[being old enough to have learned to type on manual typewriter, w/o spell check or any electronic help, that is the way I learned to construct a paragraph... it really wasn't hard to use the carriage return lever at the end of a line]

the tab placement is also adjustable within the text box...select the text and there will be a 'bar' wher the tab is...you can slide it to move the tabbed line
    Last edited by Tim O'Donnell; 05-04-2006 at 08:31 AM.
    Tim O'Donnell

Tim, I think we're showing our age when we can recall carriage return levers.
    During high school, I needed one more class. I didn't want to take a foreign language any more, so there wasn't much left. I took typing.
    Best thing I ever did. I was good at it and really liked it. And it has helped me ever since.....
    Jim Rogers
    Jim Rogers Timber Designs
    Georgetown, MA, USA
    email: jrsawmill@verizon.net
    V9.54-V10.08a-VX1.5.4.17-VX2-VX3-VX4-VX5

Sorry to get your thread off track Amber. Jim's story is identical to mine. I suppose learning to type kept me out of the infantry. They knew I could type so I became a Morse Code intercept operator. Wonder how useful that is now? __... __ __ .. Break makes it!
    B M I
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

I too took typing in H.S., it helped in college, and as a programmer it has really been a benefit. It was also a good way to meet girls as in 1968 typing class was mostly girls, except for my best friend and I

I even had an electric typewriter at home, tho I started on a manual and then convinced my parents that I just had to have an electric

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rogers
    Tim, I think we're showing our age when we can recall carriage return levers.
    During high school, I needed one more class. I didn't want to take a foreign language any more, so there wasn't much left. I took typing.
    Best thing I ever did. I was good at it and really liked it. And it has helped me ever since.....
    Sadly in high school my guidance counselor wouldn't let me take typing for fear it would hurt my grade point average. I've been in computers in one way or another since high school (anybody remember a 026 keypunch?) and I'd hate to think how many hours I've wasted using my self-developed three finger method!
    J. Michael Milner
    Harmony Development
    CA 9.54 & 10.08a

Lew,

Nice to know there are some others in 1968. Graduated small town with a class of about 50 something. Most noteable classmate actress Sissy Spacek. Wonderful lady...has never changed from the small town girl.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

Wow, a star in your class.

Nobody, famous in mine

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Tabbing over .................starts highschool reunion

You guy's crack me up.......Your help is wonderful!

Thanks
    Amber

I had typing for half a year and had a really pretty teacher. Fond memories....Miss Ducarme

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4