Thread: Backgrounds

Backgrounds

Hi all
    I have a .jpg background of a jobsite that I have selected to display in my 3D views.
    Here's the problem...the background comes in fine, but my 3D views are always hanging in mid air! I have tried resizing the .jpg, with same results. I can use the scroll bars to get the house into position, but when I render, it goes back to mid air again. Can't adjust with scroll bars in render.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Barb

double click your camera icon to open the 3d preferences dbx and have the background show in your camera views...then try moving the camera keeping the camera view at the bottom of your screen..it is mainly a matter of camera placement and angle...or take a new shot of the site from a different angle or higher up , so you get more ground in it...

Barb,

the height above floor "0" needs to be the same as the actual viewpoint of the digital photograph's viewpoint, I often plot with a measuring tape where I take the picture from and then plot that point in the plan, set the camera height the same as I took the photo and then you get a"realistic" rendering. Anything else is strictly "trial and error".

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!

Tim and David,
    Thanks for the replies...I have experimented around and found a good camera placement.
    Your participation in this forum is a huge help to everyone!
    Barb