Automatic kneewalls

I draw a lot of capes. It seams Chief thinks the kneewalls should be about 3' from the edge of the wall, but we always build them at 3'8". The problem is that Chief automatically puts kneewalls in. When I do a cross section, their kneewall always shows (as it does in a framing overview). Is there any way to stop Chief from doing this?
    I'm using Chief7, but the problem has been around forever.

You must manually lengthen the walls in plan view, often you must then reshape their wall poly-lines in elevation cameras afterwords to get a good clean result.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!

Thanks David. The problem is that Chief's kneewalls don't show up in plan view or camera view (except for cross sections). The do show up in a framing overview and a cross section, where they're drawn in right beside mine.

But!!! You helped me anyway. Prompted by your reply, I looked it over again. This time I did manage to find them, in the attic! (3rd floor of the plan) Obviously in a house there are no walls there, but for some reason Chief is putting them in. Deleting them doesn't help, but using 'align with lower floor' works like a charm. They probably still show up in a framing overview, but I'm mostly concerned about the cross sections anyway. It's probably about time for Chief to get rid of these walls. They've been in every version that's incorporated roofs.

Gary