Threaded View

Floor framing with a ledger

I am drawing a house with a basement and 8" concrete stem walls. I want to keep the finish landscape grade as close to the first floor height as possible to simplify a concrete slab patio and also to avoid steps up from the garage into the house. I have been told to frame the floor with a ledger bolted onto the inside surface of the stem walls, which makes sense to me.
    My question doesn't have to do with getting the program to work, I'm just trying to figure out what is standard to do in this situation... so the question is: when standard 2X6 exterior walls are framed on top of those stem walls, how is the extra 2 inches of concrete dealt with as far as the subfloor goes? (2X6 frame wall on top of 8" stem wall, with the floor joists and ledger on the inside of the concrete) I noticed on the video training that they dropped the ledger down enough to get the subflooring flush to the stem wall top -- is that the best way to do it, or do I want to run the joists flush with the stem wall top and then run the subfloor over those extra 2 inches?

Sorry for the lengthy explanation. I have to figure out how to post pictures... that would be a lot faster.

Thanks,
    Ben Mecham