Threaded View

Foundation Question

Long story short - On a plan I've finished, can I move every level upward so that the current foundation is on LEVEL 1 so I can then draw a new sub basement on LEVEL 0 ???

Thanks.

The long version

I've designed a new plan, 3 floors above grade and a basement/foundation. However the site drops 22' from front to back. In round numbers, the front half of the basement is 12' and the back half of the basement is 22' tall (measuring from the slab - meaning frost footer is 4' below this point.) Everything looks good, but I have a situation where the front half of the basement has a bathroom that is under the stairs (10' above the back basement's floor)

The back half is actually a basketball court, so I added a bathroom under this bathroom at the basement floor. I did this by cutting and pasting the bathroom fixtures, then moving them downward on the z axis. I then manually drew the slab at the back half depth (-22') because I'm using the level's normal floor at (-12') to be the front half's bathroom floor.

Everything looks great. Cross sections, etc... - I even Topo'd the site and have all my step down footings.

My problem is the room schedules, material lists, RES calcs, etc... The lower bathroom isn't recognized because it isn't really a room. This was minor, until I found out that due to site conditions, I can have other areas extending under other parts of the front half's -12' floor . Now I've added some locker rooms, a wine cellar and I really need these "rooms" recognized.

I've attached a cross section with some dimensions and notes. Thanks again.

The front half of the basement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CROSS-MainStairsTowardsFrontDoor.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	199.2 KB 
ID:	62185  
    Sincerely,
    John Angelo Burke,
    JiAngelo Builders llc
    http://www.jiangelo.com
    (614) 898-7333 phone/fax

X5
    Server 2008 R2 Enterprise
    (2) Quad-Core AMD Opteron 2439SE