Threaded View

Auto Dormer Problems

I have the lasted upgrades for X1.4. When I place an auto floating dormer or auto dormer the front walls do not show right. For example I placed an auto dormer to line up with an exterior wall. The first time the front dormer area above the window was gone (no exterior wall there). So I deleted it, started over. This time the dormer area materialized but the rest of the front exterior wall is gone. On the same building I also placed a floating auto dormer. The first time the side walls went through the roof. So I deleted the dormer and tried again. Now it is okay. Also there have been times when I have tried to select the dormer and it won't select. Is anyone else having these problems?Is it a bug? I went through the tutorials I have, did it exactly as it was done in the tutorial with the same resullts. I have also had similar problem with manuallly placing a dormer. On one project I eventially had to cover the hole with a polyline solid. I would show a picture but don't know how to attach a picture file to this forum.

Terry Munson
    Munson Drafting Service
    Kent, WA 98032