Threaded View

"ghost" dimensions

Just a quick note regarding the “ghost” dimensions. I have recently experienced this a number of times noting that in these recent cases the “ghost” dimensions were directly related to all CAD LINES imported into a plan view of CHIEF. If I draw a CAD line in chief and drag the “ghost” dimension handle to the new cad line the “ghost” dimension suddenly becomes visible. If I drag it back to the imported CAD line it again becomes invisible. Again, this occurs in plan view. This was also prior to creating a layout file associated with this new job. The .dwg was created in AutoCAD 2000 and supplied by a third party.

DEFINITION:
    The “ghost” dimensions were best termed by Marty and are the dimensions that exist but are not visible even after verification that the respective layers are turned on. You can click on them, see the highlighted string, manipulate them including opening the dbx and changing their properties. But they remain invisible regardless of what you do, so far as I can tell anyway.