Thread: Cad

Threaded View

Andy,

You and I should have coffee. Would love to share thoughts.

Anyway, as I just replied to Val, yes I send them to cad first. More because I am able to re-shoot and re-label an elevation quickly if I need to, and sending the live view just isn't compatible with me for some reason. I also like the control and speed I have with a cad view that I don't have with a live view.

I never auto-detail. I have yet to find that X1 knows more than I do. Before I cut my sections, I do all the framing and then send to cad and align the lineweights and colors properly and clean things up. There are still some strays and blips, but X1 is miles better than V10, especially with layer/lineweight control.

As far as the 3D views, same thing as elevations. Cad view, globally match linecolor/weight to layer and remove some strays. I will say this - for whatever reason, the 3D views will generate to CAD missing a few lines or line segments. I don't know why, but I always have a few strays to connect.

BTW - Wendy,
    As we are both Acad converts, I think the major difference between the two is that the keyboard and mouse work as partners in Acad, where in X1 they are clearly alternative devices. X1 is ok, but I still can't figure out why they decided "w" should be for line and "y" should be for text. If CA could make these user-definable, what a boost to productivity it would be
    Rich C. SDSInc
    Bayport, NY

X5
    Windows 7 64
    Alienware 17" Laptop - full time use - 14GB
    i7 3720QM
    Nvidia GTX 675M - 2GB