Thread: furniture

furniture

Need to put some furniture in a house for a rendering. Need hutch, don't like any in version 9. Is there a way to get one out of version 7 that looks more like a hutch or is there some other way to get it ? Thanks Dennis

Dennis,

How about making one? set your base cabinets to display as you want them to look, set wall cabinets with glass and grids as needed. YOu can do some polyline solids in elevation for the connecting side pieces and then block the whole assembly. IF you do it in a blank plan you can then export it as a dwg and import it via the symbol wizard for future use.
    Dennis Gavin CR, CKBR
    Gavin Design-Build
    Media, PA.
    610-353-8890
    X5

Dennis:

I think you can copy older non .alb files to the ver 8/9 library and it will auto-convert them to .alb files.
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Did you look in the furniture library under Storage Furniture>Hutches? If you can't find one you like there, what hutch did you like from V7 that is not in this library? If we are missing something that you find usefull, let us know and we will see if we can add it back in.

If all else fails, you can make some pretty fancy hutches yourself using the cabinet tools as building blocks.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com

And something else I've done in the past... If you have any cheap consumer CAD programs, some of them come with surprisingly good furniture libraries. I've exported out furniture out as a dxf and turned it into a symbol to use in Chief. At one time I even got a cheap package just for the furniture symbols - of course, you have the hassle of conversion... But now I have all of Jay's libraries and Chief Pro, so I find about 90% of what I need that way.

Christina

furniture

I think I will try with the cabinets. My mistake, went and looked at 7 and they're the same as 9. Thanks Dennis