Some bad boys painted my windows

Anyone know what's causing this. this is a picture of a car I imported, and somehow the glass has taken the same colour as the body, if you look at the dialog box for the materials, you will see winscreen(Vitres in french) showing as normal glass

Last edited by ARCHIJEF2000; 12-17-2004 at 10:04 AM.
    Your privacy is important to us, your personal details will handled discreetly, and will not be shared with anyone except the CIA, FSB, MI6 or similar, then they will be placed on a USB stick and left on a bus.

We'll share comments as soon as you start sharing these goodies with us. lol
    Larez

Cars, fine furniture, interesting people, boats fit for a mafia don, staircases, snooker tables, stange geometric shapes, some astounding( I didn't say good) poetry,and more links than a thousand golf courses, what more do you guys want. But its never enough is it. Ok I'll try and post some more cars, but then maybe you dont want the ones with the painted windows. But then that's the point of my post , what's happening here.
    Your privacy is important to us, your personal details will handled discreetly, and will not be shared with anyone except the CIA, FSB, MI6 or similar, then they will be placed on a USB stick and left on a bus.

A to S,

He already has actually Click Here and Join , He just overlooked adding the link, this guy is always very generous with his web scavenging results.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!

AJ2K,

In Sketch up or other CAD you need to make sure the windshield has a hole in it for the glass to occupy, it looks to me like that is what is occurring. This is not my area of expertise, perhaps some others might chime in with some more concise comments.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!

This car was imported in the normal manner, I was able to colour the windows properly, after I put it in the library, it decided to rebuild into this problem. puzzeled.

too many layers

I know this is an old thread, but recently I've found, this problem can be helped by merging as many layers as possible. If th enumber of layers is not too high, then the model remains stable.
    Hope this is helpful for some.
    But the question still remains, is there a limit to the no. of layers CA can handle. anyone know?