Interactive Viewing

I WOULD LIKE TO SEND MY CUSTOMERS A FILE THAT THEY CAN INTERACTIVLY VIEW WITH A MOUSE AND KEYBOARD, WITHOUT CLIENT VIEWER OR SPECIAL SOFTWARE. IS THIS POSSIBLE WITH CONVENTIONAL WINDOWS FACILITIES?
    ED

I'm not sure you can do this without the client viewer. You can always save your screen views as jpegs and shoot them over to your client via e-mail. It works great with plan views and camera shots.

I found that clients really like the avi or movie files. Recording an exterior walk through is pretty easy, and it really illustrates the whole design very clearly.

MAILABLE VIEWER FOR PRES.

THANKS FOR THE REPLY. I USUALLY USE JPEGS, BUT I WANTED THE TYPE OF FILE THAT A VIEWER CAN PAN AND ORBIT WITH THEIR MOUSE LIKE THE REAL ESTATE SITES HAVE. I TRIED A COUPLE OF VIEWERS LIKE "SPINFIRE" BUT I DIDNT LIKE THE EFFECT. MAYBE I HAVNT FOUND THE BEST WAY TO USE THEM.
    ANYWAY, I AGREE THAT A MOVIE FILE MAY BE THE BEST WAY FOR NOW.
    ED

Fortunately, it's VERY possible. You will need to export to a VRML file from a 3D view. This will create a .WRL file. Then your client will need a VRML viewer (many are available for free download). I personally have had good success with the Cortona viewer, but there is another one on the Chief CD, I believe.
    Richard
    ---------------
    Richard Morrison
    Architect-Interior Designer
    X6 Premier, Win8 64
    http://www.richardmorrison.com

I DID USE THE VRML BUT I DID NOT GET A GOOD VANTAGE POINT. IT PUT THE WHOLE MODEL ON THE SCREEN AND VIEWED IT FROM OUTSIDE. I WANTED TO GET A WALK THRU EFFECT.

ED

Ed,

You need to navigate using the VRML viewer. The first view has to start somewhere, but it will absolutely do what you're trying to do. Try using the Cortona viewer to open the .WRL file. http://www.parallelgraphics.com/products/cortona/

I believe the first view is the view from where you generated the VRML file.
    Richard
    ---------------
    Richard Morrison
    Architect-Interior Designer
    X6 Premier, Win8 64
    http://www.richardmorrison.com

Demo?

Why not persuade your clients to download a demo version.I'm not sure if there is an issue with custom textures, but you could send those as well. You are unable to save files on the demo, but one can always do a screen shot.
    Your privacy is important to us, your personal details will handled discreetly, and will not be shared with anyone except the CIA, FSB, MI6 or similar, then they will be placed on a USB stick and left on a bus.