Thread: scrap lines

scrap lines

I am verly new at using this Forum and have lots of questions but one at a time. When I get up an elevation I have scrap lines showing in different places, some showing from the other side of the house at ground level, some where lower and upper storey walls meet and around the fascia. How do I get rid of these?

try
    in the Tool-Bar , click the refresh icon

or do an F-5 keystroke
    grp

Build framing, floor/walls/and roof. That will clean up most of it. Then, you will need to use "edit layout" function ( after you send the elevation to layout ) to do a final clean up.
    Jere Johnson
    Version X3 & X4 & X5 latest
    Electra Glide Standard

Thanks guys for your replies, both ideas worked to a certain extent but not all of the lines disappeared.
    I have skillion ceiling inside and seems to have something too do with some of the lines at the top part of the wall.

As yet I have not done much in the way of foundations, do you need to do that to do the elevations.
    At the moment I just drag the walls down to ground level.

I'm not sure what you mean by "skillion ceiling", probably that you have a lot of extra lines to clean up (?) but build your foundation and frame floor walls ceilings and roof to get a fairly clean elevation. But there is always a little clean up to do in layout. Wait untill you are sure you have the elevation you want because if you re-open an elevation, change it and then up-date it to layout, you will have to do your clean up again.
    Jere Johnson
    Version X3 & X4 & X5 latest
    Electra Glide Standard

Thanks Jere,
    I think I need to look at the training videos on building frames and floors etc., up to date I have not done much of that, I have been concertrating on getting the floor plans and sites right.