square deal with a cube

New symbol to download from originalsymbols
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/originalsymbols/
    It is a cube with 6 facets, and 6 different colours, It can of course be resized and recoloured any way you choose. this symbol was made entierly in Chief. (under name newsix)
    Last edited by ARCHIJEF2000; 10-22-2004 at 11:48 AM.
    Your privacy is important to us, your personal details will handled discreetly, and will not be shared with anyone except the CIA, FSB, MI6 or similar, then they will be placed on a USB stick and left on a bus.

Jeff,

Why not take it a little further and make some dice?
    Dennis Gavin CR, CKBR
    Gavin Design-Build
    Media, PA.
    610-353-8890
    X5

No dice

Believe me Dennis I tried making dice, but on my model the little dimples hid stubbornley below the surface. The main reason I made these cubes was that I seem to remember reading that this was impossible. Archijef doesn't know the meaning of the word impossible( unless it means something that cannot be done) Not just a curiosity, this cube can be put to a number of uses; you could make a "Rietveld chair"and paint the little yellow bits on the ends. you can make custom windows where the glass shows different colours from both sides. It will give you more control when you wish to build custom objects.
    Here they have been used to make custom stairs, note the colours.
    Last edited by ARCHIJEF2000; 10-23-2004 at 08:41 AM.
    Your privacy is important to us, your personal details will handled discreetly, and will not be shared with anyone except the CIA, FSB, MI6 or similar, then they will be placed on a USB stick and left on a bus.

Jeff,

Your having too much fun. Thanks for sharing. I also liked the suggestion for ways to use the cubes.

'preciate it.
    Dennis Gavin CR, CKBR
    Gavin Design-Build
    Media, PA.
    610-353-8890
    X5

ronto is offline Registered User Promoted
    THANKS ARCHIJEF !

Still plenty for me to learn ... especially trying to come up with modified symbols and new designs.

What's confusing to me is WHAT type of object [like: P-Solids, or soffets or even 'spacer' panels to use] so that they can be easily selected in various views, and be grouped into a single object.

It seems like I always choose at least one primitive object that messes up the combination.

I ran into this making a hi-tech, wide screen TV. I needed to make glass shelves on a tubular stand, along with the HDTV with speakers built onto the sides. I had it all working good UNTIL I tried to 'group' it into one easily moveable object. But one of the primitives has seemed to prevent that.

Like I say ... much for me to learn.

THANKS for the symbol ... AND for the ideas on its' usage.

sincerely,

ronto

Currently on display in the British museum, this early 21st century masterpiece is kn

The study below is made from 5 different kinds of object. a cabinet, a soffit, a slab with hole, a molding poyline and "Gidgit"who lives in the library with the other humans.

I would recomend making this a symbol, then everything will be blocked together.If you have difficulty saving as an architectural block, you could just save it as a plan file, and this will create a little "store"so you can re-use objects made in the past.
    When preparing a file for export make sure each part (layer)of all your objects have been given their own colours, this will prevent merging when you reimport.
    Last edited by ARCHIJEF2000; 10-24-2004 at 01:32 AM.

Yes Dice!

So Archijef,

What do you think?

X1 Rocks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dice (Large).jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	16717  
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com