Thread: attic walls

attic walls

Does anyone out there know why when you have a brick wrap house with gable ends and the gables are vinyl why the vinyl attic wall does not show properly? What I mean is that the actual truss is in line with the exterior face of the brick and the siding overlaps the brick which is the same as using the attic walls in chief. However, when I change the default attic wall that chief uses (brick) to vinyl and line it up the way it is in the field I have little triangles sticking out of the roof on the sides. However if I leave the siding wall lined up with the lower level meaning the stud walls line up, I have not triangles sticking out of the roof but then have a ledge where the top of wall is for brick to where the vinyl gable is. Is there anyway to do this procedure properly so that it is shown acurately and does not give me proplems when I create renderings or elevations. I will try to attach a picture of what I am having problems with.
    David Meiring
    Dallis Homes, LLC

here is a picture
    Attached Images Attached Images
    David Meiring
    Dallis Homes, LLC

How did you get your dormers to be so nice?? I did a tutorial I found here and mine have too high of walls and the roof of the dormer does not meet the rest of the roof

Create your dormers on the second floor plan if it is a ranch. Use exterior walls when creating the dormers once this is done you click on the front wall of the dormer and note it to be a full gable wall and then select the rear wall and note it to be a knee wall. this will allow the roofs to join when you create the roofs. any other questions just let me know.
    David Meiring
    Dallis Homes, LLC