fillet not working

using 9.54
    I am now and in the past had a driveway and tried to put an radia on a corner using the "fillet two lines" tool,

I have double clicked and set my value to 48"

after this I click on the right side, click on the fillet tool, click on the bottom and,,,, nothing,

Am I missing something?

David

Is it possible that one of the 2 lines is less than 48"?
    www.van-con.com

David,
    Did you convert your drivway to a polyline?
    The fillet won't work unless you do.
    Adam

It's a very tempermental button, zoom in close and try clicking near the red colored corner handle, on it or outside of it or inside of it. I radius quite often and sometimes it takes several tries. shane

dholdgreve, Drive is 40 ft x 18 ft

precisiondesign, that did it..........

2 things:

1) Why does CA give me the radia buton if I can not use it here as a driveway before needing to convert it?

2) yes, I needed to change it to a poly line to get my radia, but when I need to change it back to a "Driveway" that option is not there, I have tried several ways and looking at this in 3d, (Yes with terain turned on) my unedited driveway shows but not the one I needed to edit.

??????????

David

David, you can convert it back to a sidewalk. This doesn't make sense to me as the drive and sidewalk tools end up being only a sidewalk after editing. For me the real problem is that drives and sidewalks snap together nicely then when converted to polylines for editing loose their connections thus becoming useless.
    David Eastman
    Eastman Builders
    10803 Gulfdale
    San Antonio TX 78216
    Ph. 210-842-4037
    Fax 210-485-1364
    David@Eastmanbuilders.com

you CAN use the fillet tool on an outside corner of a driveway(though not a sidewalk)...it will automatically fillet the opposite inside corner at the same time, there is also a setting for flaring the start and finish of roads, drives, sidewalks in their respective dbx's...with a user definable radius...you can also convert to a driveway pline, and filet only a single corner ....and add breaks, convert lines to arcs etc...these p-line drives will still cut the curbs where they intersect....just make the edge parallel to the one you want to jooin to and drag the edge up over the other one and they will snap together

Thanks All,

you can also convert to a driveway pline

Tim, I think this is what I did here,

Note: the icon with the red border is there only before using it, and not available after using it,

The selected item is a "New" drive not yet using the icon with the red border.

Thanks Again
    David

David...yep, that's the tool to use....now you can create drives of any shape/configuration