Commercial cabinet doors

Need to draw cabinets for an office breakroom, and the doors and drawers are simple flat slabs ... squares and rectangles of ply or mdf with formica on all six sides. Is there a trick? My 9.0 base version has all kinds of arch top and paneled doors, but not what I need.

don't use a door from the library...open the dbx>general tab>door style>plain doors....then in the cabinet front tab, set the bevel to 0

Thanks. That was the solution. I had tried the plain doors before I asked, but I missed the bevel option and so they didn't quite look right. Also, I changed the separation to 1/4" and that helps too.

I need a 60" wide cabinet with three doors, but the program only shows two doors. I can solve it by drawing three separate 20" cabinets. Is there a way to force a certain number of doors across the width?

No. you can't force 3 doors. You'll need to make 2 cabinets, one with two doors at 40" wide and one 20" wide with one door (make sure the stiles widths are adjusted to 1/8" where the two cabinets touch, for accuracy). Or, just make 3 20" cabinets. This way it's easier to set up the pull configuration as well, if you're showing that detail.

Katy

As was stated above, you can't create a single cabinet with 3 doors. You can create 3 cabinets and to make it look like a single cabinet, adjust the left or right side separation to make it look like it has a continuous face frame.

This should work just as well in the Base version as in the Full version. The only advantage of the Full version in this situation is that you could block the 3 cabinets together and save them in the library for reuse. In the Base version you could simply keep them in a plan and copy them to a new plan when needed.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com

Is there a way to add dimensions in a 3d - perspective view? I drew a no-frills room so I could create the cabinet, and I set all the finishes to white so nothing showed except the cabinet. It would be good if I could show LxWxH dims in the 3d view.

you can add dimensions in a cross section view