polyline solid - selection of:

I am practicing with my polyline soilds, so I make a typical object and do a section view but cannot select it to change it's size. If I double click in its general location it will provide me with the appropriate DBX but it does not give me the selection markers on a single or double click in order to manipulate it's size and shape - why would this be I wonder?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ron A.

GRM,

The elevation camera has to emulate the same 90 degree angle which the object was first created in order to gain the "move" handles otherwise you just get the dialog box. So you are looking at a poly-line slab; looking at it from the wrong edit axis or a bug depending on what you are actually doing to try to edit it, only you can determine which is true.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!

If you created the PS in plan view, then that's the only view it can be selected in. Similarly, if you create it in section / elevation, you have to select it in one of those views (but not in a section of the PS - the camera must be "outside" the PS)

Milo
    Ashland Design Solutions

that's interesting - thanks -
    Let's say I am making a stone wall about 3' high and 2' deep the width of the building (decorative entrance - sidewalk area) - would this be the best object with it's appropriate texture to use?
    Ron A.

Ron,

The type of polyline solid you choose will depend on whether or not you want it to be a shape other than rectangular.

At this time, polyline solids and slabs can only be easily manipulated in two dimensions, not all three. You can set height and thickness easily in a polyline slab, then manipulate its appearance from above. You can set depth and width of a polyline solid easily, then manipulate it's appearance from the "front". You can also change the polyline solid's depth and width from above, but it must stay a rectangular shape in order to be modified on it's face in elevation mode.

If it needs to follow the irregularly shaped front of the house, use a polyline slab. Set the height of the slab at 3' and it's thickness at 3' (so that it touches the ground), then manipulate it's width in plan view to be 2' wide, using the CAD tools to follow the front lines of the house. Apply the desired material, and you will have your stone wall.

A polyline solid can be used to create a wall that does not vary in thickness and follows a straight line across the front of the house. It's advantage is that it can be manipulated in appearance in an elevation view--it can vary in height, and be shaped as you like, from the "front facing" direction, so to speak.

I hope this explanation helps.

Good luck,

Katy

Fabulous explantion Katy - thanks
    Ron A.