Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well

You don't have to send a note with your pdf's. In PDF Factory, uncheck "Emulate printer", set your margins to match your plotter, then set the dpi to 300. Make the pdf's to send, your recepients won't need to know "fast" or anything else. It should work OK. You can then reset the dpi to 600 and make your in house pdf's.

On second thought, if your recepients are using small format printers they won't notice a thing. If they are using the hpgl/2 card then maybe a just-in-case note might be appropriate.

I'm glad that everything worked for you.

Dan

Hey Wendy,

I too found this phenomenon and I hear your pain. You can spend a huge amount of time trying to figure it out. My work-around is to have you convince your clients to not be so "print happy". Have them look the plans over on the "Computer" and use the zoom and hand tool in Adobe Acrobat. Most clients have regular printers that are too small anyway, leading to the other complaint, "It's too small!"

Later,
    Rick
    Rick J. Lee
    RJL Design
    www.RJL-Design.com
    Thor2002@MSN.com

Well.....

Dan,

I tried creating one at 300 dpi and sending it to my HP 500 without changing the settings on the printer. I got an incomplete plot. I didn't get a complete plot until I adjusted the plotter settings also. I think my HP plotter does some interpolation.

So, I'm going to attach the note - mostly because I don't want to deal with the phone calls or emails when the other guy runs into a problem. It's probably a small percentage, but it's save both them and me a lot of time, and cost only the time to write the note once.

Rick,

I'm resisting the urge to spank you! Did you notice that in the posts immediately prior to yours, an actual functioning workaround was found? Maybe I'm stubborn, but my business philosophy includes spending as much time as possible meeting my client's needs, and minimizing the times when I have to "splain" why I can't. Ouch! I think I did just spank you!

But, I know you meant well, and the suggestion to teach people to review larger drawings on screen, in addition to hard copies, is worthy in it's own right.

Thanks all,
    Wendy

Print happy customer?

Supply a small-format presentation plan and rendering with the plans.

People just love to print, hold, look at, show off, and daydream about their dream home project.

Thousands of house and mobile home plan books have been given out or sold for over a hundred years containing page after page of nothing but the presenation floor plan and rendering. Only a tiny fraction have actually generated an order for the publisher, the rest satisfy a multitude of dreamers.
    Jason McQueen

mcqueenj1977 @yahoo.com --- PO Box 248, Bovey MN 55709
    CA X1 -&- Artlantis Studio

Oh yeah,

I do exactly that. As a matter of fact, a couple of my clients are Spec Builders, and I supply the artwork for the Real Estate agents to use to sell them.

Wendy