Printing woes printing woes

Ok after 2 weeks I am still trying to get my first set of plans printed. My nightmare started out when the printing service I am trying to use told me to download the oce 9800 raster driver and print to file from there. When I did this, the printing services computer could only read the first file and could not open or print any of the other pages of my plan. So They then suggested I print to a pdf file and bring that to them. I have adobe acrobat 5.0 so I figured, ok no problem. Well maybe I am doing it wrong and would be greatly appreciative for a detailed explantion of the process in case I am missing something there, but my computer kept giving me errors when I tried to print to file on the pdf writer. So the third option (new layout for each option) was to get the HP 750c driver and print to file on that. Well this had the most success, with two problems. When printed, the floor plan page had all of the text and symbols completely blacked out so that it looked like black blotches all over the sheet, and on the Roof layout page, the roof lines were very very light so that you could barely see them. I have some understanding clients, and this is a very nice design (the builder is salivating to get started on it), but it is starting to get a bit rediculous and embarrassing. Not to mention the builder is starting to breath down my neck to get the plans so he can get the project started. My print service is not familiar enough with Chief to offer any suggestions, or it may be that they just don't care. Please, could someone help me fix any of these problems so that i can get these plans printed?

Begging and pleading,
    Rob Warner

Well maybe I am doing it wrong and would be greatly appreciative for a detailed explantion of the process in case I am missing something there, but my computer kept giving me errors when I tried to **print to file** on the pdf writer.
    Rob:

The good news is that you are doing something wrong. With the pdf writter's do not select "print to file" just print it and it will create the pdf file.

Don't feel bad I did the same thing the first time I used a pdf writer.
    Larry

Lawrence C. Kumpost, Architect

No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be
    stationery.

Rob,
    Zip up & email me the pl & la files & I will make you a pdf file (& email it back to you) for you to take to your printer. That will be the quickest way for you to get it done. We can work out the problems w/ your pdf printer later.
    Jim

ebdesign@speedconnect.com
    Thanks, Jim

www.eastbaydesign.net
    East Bay Design, Inc

Thanks for the help and offer. Another CA user, JerrySki, gave me a phone call and calmed me down and walked me through a few things that fixed the problems. I am good to go now. I love this help site!

Rob Warner