Thread: living area

living area

In 5.0 I can make a brick wall & stud wall only room 50x50 and get the same square footage pop up below at 2500. My problem is in 6.0 I do the same thing and get two different living areas for the same outside wall living area when I pull up the SAME drawing? I have read everything I can find but I can't figure out the change?

Chief 6 figures square footage to the wall's main layer, which may or may not be the way it is done in your area. It is in mine.

Can I force my outside brick ledge to the the main layer, Example: rename it to sud wall?

In Texas almost every contractor/builder/banker will use living area to the outside of the brick edge when it is the exterior of the house, if not, who payes for the extra 5.5" all the way around the house?

Yes, double click the wall icon to open the wall type dbx. Select the wall, say Brick-6, then enter 1 or whichever layer you want as the main one in the Main Layer box. That easy

The only thing Tim left out (I think) is that the foundation is gonna follow the "main" layer designation to line itself up on unless you tell it otherwise. Often the current solution or cure is the next desease. Tim thanks for the tip though I hadn't thought of that for that malady.

------------------
    David J. Potter
    Austin, Texas
    http://members.spree.com/djpotter