Mike is offline Registered User Promoted

curved cabinets in kitchen

as it happens I have curved cabinets in my kitchen. Are we able to draw curved cabinets if so how?

put a cabinet on the wall; put another; double click it; go to special; radius end. You can also do special cad line countertops. Draw cad polyline; make sure it is closed; double click it; select special; countertop; put a cabinet under it; build floors (CA97)

v6 - cad polyline/special/countertop

------------------

Hello Mike, this Charlie is fast I only went back to the program to check the steps and when I returned there was this great response. I just like to add that just under the radius end there is pen. radius maybe this is what you can also use sometimes, and this was allready in Ver. 4. So what ever Chief you are using, you will be o.k.
    All the best, Jan

------------------

thanx Jan & Charlie for your replies.
    I am relatively new to chief and I am using version 6.
    I am trying to create a curved cabinet attached to a curved wall. I have tried going to special and radius end etc but not what I am after.
    I also tried cad line build counter tops, this works well but I can't put a curved cabinet under it. Sorry but it takes time to learn.
    Mike

The closet you could easily get is to make your radius end cabinet, and the curved polyline special top. Do a control move to get the cabinet under the top. That might embed the cabinet in the wall and the radius may not be right , but it should be pretty close.
    You might also try - put an identical curved wall where you want the cabinet face. Do your countertop and put a little counter top in to generate the top. Then go to cross section and highlight your front wall. Pull it down to counter ht. You can put real doors in it - but I just tried it and the door will not displayed as closed fully. Looks pretty good.
    Charlie

Mike;
    I've done a curved bar before, but it was free standing and not attached to a wall. I drew it using 12" wide wall cabinets and used the unrestricted angles toggle to place the cabinets in an angle to each other to get the curve I needed. If I recall correctly, the cabinets snapped together correctly and the counter top even displayed as I wanted.
    I would think that if you have problems getting base units to snap together on a convex wall, you could reduce their depth to say 1" and place them 24" away from the wall, just like using cabinet fronts.

------------------
    Dave Gaither
    Designer/Builder
    American Bldg. Co.,Inc.

thank you Dave and Charlie,
    both great ideas

regards Mike

Charlie

Just thought I'd pop in and say what a good idea....would of never thought of it...very impressive and I'm going to make a note of it so if I ever have a call for that type of problem I'll know what to do.

JoAnne

Thanks, Joanne.
    Upon seeing Dave's idea I think using my curved wall with Dave's cabinets, controlled moved into place, would give real good results.
    Charlie