Varied ceiling ht in PL0

I'm working on the conversion of a 62 room historic hotel in northern MN to a 30 unit condominium. The basement (PL0) has 10' ceilings. I want to add garages to a portion of this basement where the exterior finished grade is at the same elevation as the basement floor (-132", the floor system above the basement is 12").

I don't want 10' ceilings in the garages, so I've tried adjusting the ceiling height(B)in the Room Specification dbx to 8'. However when I change the ceiling height to 8', instead of the ceiling dropping the floor raises 24" (to -108"). If I try to lower the floor height (A) to =132" where it should be, the ceiling height increases by 24"to 10', and so on ad infinitum.

Am I missing somthing, or are we limited to only one ceiling height in the foundation plan??? PLEASE HELP This one's driving me crazy!

------------------
    Dan Marrin
    Lake Shore, MN

I posted a reply at tthe chief users this morning. Here it is again -
    In version 6.0 the ceiling ht is tied to the floor level above. Try putting an invisible walled room with no ceiling/open below, on the 1st floor and drop it's floor ht.
    Charlie

Charlie:

Thank you for your prompt response. I did as you suggested and it worked beautifully. Doesn't seem very intuitive to have to go to the level above adjust the ceiling height for the floor I'm working on, but for now, I'll take the work-around.

------------------
    Dan Marrin
    Lake Shore, MN

Page 163 of the manual shows a stepped ceiling that is generated by the floor above stepping down. It is different from CA97 - it works better for most ceilings within the structure.
    Charlie

Dan, try the ( Lowered Ceiling) setting in the dialog box. Bob