Thread: Zoom All

Zoom All

Good evening,

I've been having this intermittent problem with the Zoom Extents....er, sorry-that's an AutoCAD function....the Fill Window function. I'm currently working on a layout and when I tell it to Fill Window, the layout only fills about 3/4 of the screen. Other times I've had problems it was the other way around.....I could only see 3/4 of the plan (that was in the .pl* file - not layout) I've tried to find any miniscule object that is making the layout not fill the entire screen, but to no avail. This is only on page 2!

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Tim Schrock; 06-03-2004 at 05:55 PM.
    Tim Schrock
    Design Build Solutions, LLC.

I enjoy working in Chief Architect. Made the switch to X5 and am enjoying the upgrades. Home-brewed computer...things are running swell!

Tim,

When you send views to a layout page the item sent has "extents" and if these edges or other items are off the layout page print area they will not be visible in layout mode but Chief "knows" they are there and makes space for them when you give the fill window command. If it id doing that you have unseen but present items off the print area of the layout page - It only has to be off on one layout page but it will effect ALL layout pages relative to "fill window", cute huh? I don't have any ideas about the other way around.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!