Transparent Appliances

I like to make my appliances, tolilets, sinks, etc.. to be transparent. When I place a bathroom sink (Oval - undermount) (Oval - Integral) in a cabinet, and change the properties to be transparent. The sinks do not go to transparent.

There seems to be the only 2 sinks in the Libary that seem to have this problem.

Am I missing something or is this a bug ??
    How do I get get the bath room sinks transparent?

Thanks,

David
    David Noble
    Commonwealth Designs
    Ph: 678-562-2124
    Fax: 678-935-0451
    david@cwdesigners.net

Do you mean transparent in 2D views like Plan - i.e. No Fill? Or do you mean the texture is transparent in rendered views? I just ran a quick test and I could get them transparent in rendered views, but the current sink symbols I tried (the two you mentioned and a rectangular sink) show with a solid fill in plan even when the cabinet has no fill. And I don't see anyway to make those sinks have no fill in plan without creating another symbol or something more time consuming. Hmmm... Now I'm curious, too.

Christina

Sorry I should have specified. Yea it is only in plan view. Well at least I am not the only one that is happening too.

Thanks Christina for running that little test.

David
    David Noble
    Commonwealth Designs
    Ph: 678-562-2124
    Fax: 678-935-0451
    david@cwdesigners.net

[COLOR=red]How do I get get the bath room sinks transparent? [/COLOR]
    here are two ways to fix the symbol...

after placing the sink, open the
    CAD block management dbx...select the block for the sink, click insert and place a copy of the sink block on the plane. Next select the block and open it. Now, copy the block's name from the general tab>block name. Unblock the sink, select the outer oval and turn off the fill for it..shift select the previously unblocked entities, block them, open the dbx and paste the original name back into the block name...when the message comes up about replacing the blocks using that name, select yes...save this modified sink into a library of your own for future use

another option is to select the sink then use the Open Symbol tool>2d tab and generate a new block.....this may or may not be acceptable as a representation of the sink...if it is okay for you sav e it for future use...