Threaded View

Sorry about the lousy spelling and typing. I was not trying to turn this into a personal vendetta. Just as Contractors have to live with thier reputation, so do Architects. You fed it, it's yours.

I just looked at a stunning Japanese house where every texture, view, lanscape, corner was intensly designed, by an ARCHITECT! I would not try to attempt that. But if I had the 10 years training I would!

I design charming, historically accurate (as much as possible) New England style houses and additions in a residential market where 90% of what goes up is BS. I am not trying to re-invent the wheel. The best I can do is to be as good as the best of whats's been here for 350 years, and update it for modern lifestyles.

Very few have the experience and knowlege I have spent a lifetime earning, alot of it in the trenches.

Homeowners love my practicality, keen sense of desgn, and my attention to their BUDGET. I do this efficiently, promptly and for a fraction of what most Architects charge, and make a very good living at it too!

The marketplace decides what is right, and demand for people like me is extremely high.

By the way I'm sure yoiu're very good at what you do also.....