DXF ACAD solids to CA.

I need to import an ACAD floor plan into CA 6.0 via dxf. Don't need to work on it as a CA plan.(My client needs it for marketing purposes). I am doing this because ACAD does a messy job of TT fonts on my HP 1000c printer. . The plan and fonts import OK but the solid fill representing walls does not come into CA. Does anyone know how I might get fill to import into CA?

I have also tried to import it into WORD 97 using a WMF file. This works fine solid fill comes in, fonts look great, can resize but the lines representing doors, windows etc. are too fine (.75 PT) Word won't let me redefine them after the WMF is imported. I can't find any way to pre-set the line thickness before importing the WMF.

Thought maybe some of you geniuses could help me with this.

Mac MacDonald

PS: I have also posted this to Chief-users group. To all those that are members of both groups, sorry for the duplication.

Dean:

I have used this method before and it works fine, but is time consuming to trace the walls. I am looking for a quicker way, but maybe there is none.

Mac

Mac MacDonald,

Are your wallsin autocad polylines? If So I don't believe that there is any way to do what you are asking. If not, are they hatched walls, if so Chief 6.0 will do a poor job bringing that in unless you explode them in autocad first. You might try to explode your drawing and then purge it in autocad then export it to Chief. If this doesn't work you will have to trace over the walls in Chief. Sorry I hope I was of some help.

Jason Bussel