parcel polylines

I’ve gotten reasonably good at drawing parcel maps with curves etc. The problem I have is that curve segments don’t connect as a polyline when drawn. If I drag a curve away and back to connect into another I loose the accuracy of the curve properties when they snap together, they are off a little. What am I missing? Maybe it is my method?

Sam

Sam,

When working with arcs after you have them linked, turn on "Unrestricted angles" and then using your control key you can make them go just about anywhere you need them to go.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!

Sam I have the same trouble with curves not wanting to snap closed but I just control drag them together and use text for line lengths instead of using the auto line lengths. I like to use a separate copy of the lot perimeter for the terrain boundary as I like to move the edges around for render and cross section views and it can be a pain to put them back exactly. No one is going to try to scale your curves to see if they are exact.

HTH
    David Eastman
    Eastman Builders
    10803 Gulfdale
    San Antonio TX 78216
    Ph. 210-842-4037
    Fax 210-485-1364
    David@Eastmanbuilders.com

Well,

I just tried again and it worked fine. I guess I forgot to lock radius points (center).

Sam

David,

Thanks for your post. Manually adding the text was what I was trying to avoid. I did just what you said. Made a poly for the terrain perimeter and overlayed it on the segmented version with good numbers. This was a little quicker than manually adding text, but I have done that before too. Sometimes it is just what it takes to get the job done, but I do try to figure out what I am doing wrong so as to not repeat, and hopefully save time in the long run.

Thanks again,

Sam